the CV3 plan set...
Remember, the MSVA test is NOT required for CV3's that are built using the
original 2CV chassis!!!
Build it, MOT it, Register it, Insure it, Tax it, Drive it!
These plans are also an ideal reference for those wishing to 'do their own thing'.
Use our plans as a guide to produce your own car!
The CV3 plan set includes the following:
- CV3 body frame manufacture notes.
- Metal cutting list.
- Build manual on CD.
- reference photographs.
- 6 large scale drawings:
- Main Body frame (chassis frame).
- Front bulkhead, clutch cable bracket, gear lever, steering column, front
arm assembly, modified eye bolts, modified fan pulley, ignition coil bracket.
- Cycle wing brackets, front hubs, fuel tank, chassis rear uprights,
throttle spring brackets, tube ends, explanation of cutting angles.
- Modifications to rear arm. Body panels
- Dash, tail & engine bay side panel patterns.
- Seat patterns
The CV3 uses the following main components from Citroen 2CV:
- Complete rolling chassis with suspension, steering column, shock absorbers, brakes, wheels, etc.
- Engine & gearbox, with all ancillaries, clutch, starter, alternator, carburettor, etc.
- Pedal box and hydraulic brake master cylinder.
- Exhaust system if being used (you can fit a suitable alternative/custom made system)
- Gear lever assembly.
- Handbrake lever and assembly, including ratchet bracket from under dash (cut from donor).
- Wiring, instruments and voltage regulator.
- Ignition coil and leads.
- Headlamps and support bar.
- Rear lights.
- Front indicators.
- Seat belts.
- Fuel sender unit (if required).
- Number plates (if retaining original registration number).
- Seats (need some "surgery" to fit). We suggest using either our bench seat (details in the plan set) or
items such as made by Cobra or Corbeau.)
- Front door top window frames for making your own really weird looking aero screens if you are that way
You need some miscellaneous items such as a small
steering column universal joint which are readily available from many suppliers.
The following 2CV parts are modified to suit the
CV3 (details are in the plan set):
- Both rear suspension trailing arms (one is
modified to form the single rear wheel and the other is truncated).
- Citrún steering column inner and outer.
- Both rear suspension eye bolts (elongated).
- Fan pulley (large outer section is removed).
- Both front hub uprights (mudguard brackets are
welded to these).
The plans were drawn in 1999 before the introduction of UK MSVA
(Motorcycle Single Vehicle Approval) regulations and therefore UK
builders with the intention of registering their car for use on the public
highway are advised to familiarise themselves with the MSVA regulations
and build their car accordingly. We know of at least three (there were
probably many more that never told us) plan built cars which passed the
UK MSVA test and were successfully registered for road use.
Some changes to the plans may be required to
satisfy the requirements of the MSVA test. The MSVA guide is available from VOSA (Vehicle &
Operator Services Agency) for just £30. Click here for details.
Remember though that if you use the original 2CV chassis (which you
probably will) you will not need an MSVA test!
NB the original tracings and copyright to these plans are owned by James Mather who has kindly agreed to
allow BRA to produce and sell copies either directly of via agents or distributors.
This plan set and other parts are available Now in our On-Line parts shop.